Tuesday, March 27, 2007

3dp3dt, or what I bought to distract myself from this interminable wait

Retail therapy. It won't actually get me pregnant, but at least I'll look good all barren and bitchy.

Today I bought a new laptop bag to carry my substitute baby, and some new black flats since my old ones are looking a little worse for wear. I need both for my business trip to Chicago next week. The one that's a day after my beta. Did I mention that I'm going straight to the in-laws after the meeting? This could be trouble. These are the same in-laws who helpfully sent us article on snowflake babies and how this could be the answer for us. Oh, trouble, indeed.

Also, I received my Internet cheapie HPTs in the mail yesterday. Helpfully included in the package was a little baggy labeled "Baby Dust." In it was glitter, shiny confetti, and little pink and blue "baby" words. I sprinkled it on my shoe collection, because it would be just awesome if it would go forth and multiply.

In other news, this progesterone is making me miserable. I upped my dose of Crinone to two per day (whatever, I'm convinced that I have low progesterone and it can't hurt, right) and it's playing all kinds of havoc with my body. Benefiber is my new favorite thing. Also sleeping.

Supposedly this is when my lone embryo-that-could will implant, if it's going to. Well, my nine-celled little friend, please consider this a formal invitation to make yourself at home. My body is a nice place to hang, I promise. Lots of lounging around, all the sci fi television you can stand, and have I mentioned the ice cream? Oh, lots of ice cream. And pizza, if you're lucky.

Please stay.